Pages

Welcome - Haere mai!

Haere mai (that means "Welcome" in the Maori language). Here's hoping that you enjoy your visit to this blog.
Cick on "Comments" under any post to leave a comment or start a discussion on that item.
What are these? AddThis Social Bookmark Button Click on these buttons wherever you see them in the blog posts, if you would like to share your likes/dislikes regarding this site with social network information sharing schemes (e.g., StumbleUpon, Digg).
________________________________________________________

2009/04/19

My second Trek SL1000bicycle!

I recently bought a second Trek SL1000 with a 58cm frame (see picture to right) - I bought it second-hand via TradeMe for NZ$650. This 2nd one has a blue/white finish, whereas my 1st one is black/white.

The reason for getting the secod one is that I can now have one bike in Wellington (where I am working at present) and one in Auckland (my home base).
So I can keep my fitness/fatness levels in relatively healthy shape, regardless of which city I happen to be in.



When the Trek SL1000 came out in 2005/6(?), it cost about £500 in the UK. In NZ, I bought my first one new for my birthday in October 2007, at a discounted net cost of NZ$875. My son sean chipped in $200 (as it was my birthday). That net cost was arrived at after a discount from the list price of NZ$1,200, NZ$20 off in part exchange for my old, heavy 14-speed road bike, plus extra handbrake grips on the top part of the handlebars (a great safety addition - makes it easier to brake when riding upright), plus GST (a 12.5% Goods and Services Tax).

Yesterday, I rode this bike along this route for the first time: "Wellington round the bays to the airport" ride - mapped at Gmap-pedometer. Compared to the "Auckland round the bays" route that I like to do, this one is not so scenic really, longer, and much steeper (Oh! Those Wellington hills!) on the final part of the return leg.

Related posts and links:
* Trek bikes Trek SL1000
* About bicycles and bike runs
* Review of Trek SL1000, at bikeradar.com
* "Auckland round the Bays" cycle trip at the MapMyRide site, and the same ride, at Gmap-pedometer.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Post a Comment